This gravy is super easy to whip up and tastes incredibly delicious. Which is amazing because it has no oil and no animal products!
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat or Spelt Flour
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Fresh Black Pepper
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- Toast dry ingredients over low heat until aromatic.
- Slowly add veggie broth, whisking to remove any clumps.
- Add soy sauce and mustard, stir to combine.
- Simmer on med-low heat until bubbly and thickened.
Seriously, that’s it. This gravy is so good. Even Murray likes it (my dad)!
Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for a week or so, but it’s so easy to make you might as well eat it all!
To make gravy even easier I will often pre-mix a few batches of the dry ingredients in advance, so that when it’s gravy time I’m ready to go. Homemade pre-packing!