When my friend told me that she loves to make this simple soup, I was skeptical. In fact, I was skeptical right up until I had a spoonful yesterday.
This is the perfect soup to make when you’re sick. It’s quick, simple, delicious and loaded with garlic. And it’s vegan!
- 4-6 cloves of garlic (2-3 Tbsp), minced
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 cups water or veggie stock. I used 4 cups stock and 2 cups water.
- 2 cups macaroni (or your preferred noodle)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Finely mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-low heat, add garlic and sauté until it starts to caramelize, but be careful not to burn it!
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and slowly incorporate liquid.
- Bring to a boil and add noodles.
- Keep at a low boil or simmer until the noodles are cooked.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Make this bowl of love for that special person in your life who is a little under the weather (or who just loves garlic)!