I’ve been making granola for years now. We love it. Typically with yogurt (plain dairy-free coconut is the best), but sometimes with cashew milk. As a late-nite snack I’ll throw in a handful of chocolate chips.
Time to share the recipe! it’s super easy to make.
- 4 cups rolled oats (not “quick oats”)
- 1 ½ cups raw nuts/seeds (pecans, pepitas & sunflower seeds are our usual, but you can use whatever you like)
- 1 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil (or sub olive oil)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut
- ⅔ cup dried fruit, chopped (typically cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Combine oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Pour the granola into parchment lined baking sheet and use a spatula to spread it in an even layer.
- Bake until golden, 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. In the last 5 minutes add the coconut to toast.
- Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed, before moving it to a container.
- Store the granola in an airtight container.
Full credit goes to Cookie & Kate’s Healthy Granola Recipe